If she were still here, yesterday would have been a lot different. We would have had her birthday present set up in the living room waiting for her to wake up. I would have made her chocolate chip pancakes and we would probably have friends and family over celebrating her birthday. I can only imagine what birthday parties in heaven are like. I know they're much better than anything I
could have done, but I still selfishly wish I could have thrown her one.

It's hard to believe it's been three years without you, Svetlana. Three years since you made us parents. Three years since we've seen your beautiful face. Three years since we held you in our arms. Three years since we begged for you to breathe. I'm so thankful for the time we had with you in my womb, but I still wish we could watch you play with your little sisters. I wish you could be in every picture I take of them, smiling just as big and having so much fun with them. 

Your short life taught me so much. Life is much more valuable than most people realize. You taught me how to cherish each moment with loved ones, how to have joy even in the middle of the deepest pain, how to lean on God in good times and in hard times, how to be a caring and patient mother, how to find peace through God, and so much more. 

I miss you so much. I wish I could hold you again. 

Even so,
it is well with my soul.

Happy birthday baby girl.

I love you Svetlana.

Love, mommy. ๐Ÿ’–

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garlic hack

consider it all joy