consider it all joy

My two year old daughter has a large vocabulary. People are often impressed with the amount of words she knows and is able to say clearly. She is very smart and communicative. I am very proud of her. I love listening to her talk and knowing what her voice sounds like makes me so happy. Knowing my child's voice, hearing her speak, lights me up. "Mommy" is my favorite word and I'm so thankful she says it so often (even if it's over and over and over again as loud as she can while the newborn is sleeping😉😂).  Three years ago I didn't think I was going to be able to ever hear a child call me mommy. I didn't even get to hear my first daughter cry.

I find myself in this deep feeling of thankfulness multiple times a day, remembering the little girl whose voice I will never hear until I get to heaven, making me even more thankful for the little girls whose voices I know so well. The ones who God let cry when they came out of my womb. I watch Aviana play and be creative with all her toys and I watch her kiss her little sister on the forehead and I am at a loss for words. I can't describe how deep this feeling is, but if you've ever been through something unimaginably heartbreaking and you were still able to find joy in Jesus Christ, you know.

I know no one believes me when I say this, but I truly am able to find joy in every moment as a mother. When they're crying and I don't know what they want, I get stressed and worry starts to creep up on me, but I look at those tiny faces and I just feel blessed to be the one to help them figure out their problems. And I remember not to take ANY moment for granted.

Being a mom can be so hard. But when you have God, you can count EVERYTHING  as joy, knowing there is a purpose and your work is not being overlooked or ignored. Learning how to find joy in all things has been one of the best and most valuable lessons I've ever learned and I will pass it on to everyone I can.

Find joy, my friend.

"Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you face trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."
James 1:2-3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garlic hack